Monday, February 18, 2008

Young Sisters Conf @ Victory



So Teresa, I have finally posted something. I have been promising and not getting it done. After driving through a horrible snowstorm at about 10 mph, we arrived at Victory at about 2:00 am. None the less, we had a fantastic weekend at Victory with the young sisters. It was an extremely edifying time! Gary Fenn and Phil Derkatch were there so no need to say we had some really good meetings. We heard a lot about suffering in the flesh. God will give us 100 fold if we are faithful in eternity as well as a foretaste here on earth. There is a spirit of sacrifice in Jerusalem. Ruth Kloosterman said that it is God's mercy that in every situation in my life I have an opportunity to cleanse out something in my life.

I had a new thought yesterday... Just how many times I say the word "feel" throughout the day. I don't "feel" like getting up. I don't "feel" like cleaning up the kitchen. I don't feel, don't feel, don't feel, and it goes on and on. It isn't very often you say... I don't "want" to. It is, I don't "feel" like it. I don't want to live by my feelings EVER again, so "Feel" has become the new four letter "F" word. I don't want to say it, but go against whatever it is I don't feel like doing that I SHOULD be doing. So if anyone hears me saying that "bad" word, PLEASE say something to me. I have FAITH that I will be completely FINISHED with all these feelings. Especially laziness!

I am hoping to get some sort of picture album too fairly soon. This is especially for Teresa, and anybody else who wants to follow along with what's going on around here. It will have password protection so not just every hoodlum out on the web can view them. Will let you know when that is around. Well, enough for now... ttfn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Maria! I'm so happy to see your blog!! It was good to hear about the young sister's weekend too, and the new "F" word. :D I will also be along in taking up that battle to be 100% free! I wish you were coming for the sister's conference in March, but I know that's how it goes. :D Keep updating!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Maria!!! Soooo nice to see your blog! How I've been missing you...! I hope you are doing good and really really hope to see you sometime in the near future again - God knows.. :)
Love, Johanna P.