Saturday, March 29, 2008

A Bird In The Hand Is Worth Two In The Bush.



Well, that statement is debatable if you happened to get crapped on and/or bitten. The church went to go look at a potential property for our new meeting hall and Jer found this hurt bird in the woods and went through the brambles to catch it. It then gave him a lovely present and proceede to bite Phil. The kids still loved it anyways. Other than than the fact that it was cold, out it was a really nice evening and I have to say I LOVE that property! It has loads of potential. The neighbors have a farm of some sorts so if you go next to the ditch that separates the properties you smell and hear various uh, pleasantries... Cows, bulls, pigs, dogs, llamas?, donkeys, and who knows what all. They had quite the menagerie at any rate. It is very exciting to see what will happen in the next couple of months. We will be meetinghalless pretty soon here. I am looking so excited for the time coming up that sometimes I feel like a balloon that is about to burst! Last night we had an AC feast and that was extremely cool. Maybe will manage a post about that soon. Til then... Here's a few more pics of when we were at the property.





2 comments:

Minabird said...

Well Salem's Macleay Center is right beside a horse farm and we would barely notice the smells.
-mina

Maria said...

Good to know Mina. I didn't actually smell anything bad except when we were right across the ditch from it and if we are "planning" on putting stables on our property anyways, I don't think those types of smells should be a problem.