Thursday, December 31, 2009

From The Patch To My Freezer

This post is especially for Teresa. It reminds me of one she would do. : ) I have found that since I've been married, I have tried a bunch of new things that I had never even attempted before and finding out I like it a lot. I had never cooked a pumpkin, or anything of the sort, but figured... hey, how hard can it be? Here's how it went....







Rinsing these slippery things is NOT an easy task. Reminded me of summer and squirting watermelon seeds! : D

I toasted them with garlic salt & worcestershire sauce. Twas quite good, if I do say so myself.

Only problem... one pumpkin doesn't yield very many seeds. : )

Cooked pulp ready to go into the...

handy dandy "ching" blender.

While I didn't make a pie yet, I did make some tasty pumpkin chip bread, and will tackle the pie on another day with Derek. Will see what the new year brings.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Those seeds WERE quite good and kept me sustained whilst I was making the onion soup, way back when... =) Does anyone sell raw pumpkin seeds???

Joy said...

Nice to see your new posts, Maria! You're right, there are never enough seeds in one pumpkin. =)
Take care and a Happy New Year to you!

Kris said...

I quite agree about the seeds being good. :-)

Teresa said...

Hey, cool post! I see I will have to start checking regularly again!! :D I don't know of anyone that sells the seeds raw, as they wouldn't keep very long un-roasted... Great job!! :D

In God We Trust! said...

pumpkin seeds are sold at that nature store on governer's jenn. not sure if you're going to read such an old post anyways what with maria updating and wotnot:) but hey just in case you do :)