(cell phone pic)
Dinner the other night...
Venison roast (thanks Jon!), quinoa with chickpeas and tomatoes, and steamed green beans with garlic. Was delicious! Quinoa with Chickpeas and Tomatoes
1 cup quinoa
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups water
1 cup canned garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
1 tomato, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tablespoons lime juice
4 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley (I used Cilantro)
Directions
1.Place the quinoa in a fine mesh strainer, and rinse under cold, running water until the water no longer foams. Bring the quinoa, salt, and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
2.Once done, stir in the garbanzo beans, tomatoes, garlic, lime juice, and olive oil. Season with cumin, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley to serve.

3 comments:
Looks yum , e'cept the turnip(venison) =) Have you tried the quinoa salad recipe I sent you?
No, I never did Jenn. It had a few ingrediants Isaac couldn't have as well as I was lacking a few of the other ones he could have. I didn't know how well I could substitute stuff. Looks really good tho. Maybe once he can tolorate more stuff...
Wow!!! :)
Answer It's called Erythritol and you can buy at iHerb here: http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Erythritol-100-Pure-Natural-Sweetener-1-lb-454-g/579?at=0
Be aware that it taste different than sugar and that you might not like it. If you bake, try to bake the day before you'll eat it. It has a "cold" taste, but I think its okay.
Post a Comment