Thursday, September 22, 2011

Activity Club Camp Out

I think the "Camp In" memories of a few years ago crossed a number of people's mind when the rain started coming down Sat. afternoon. It was a pretty cold wet afternoon. Thankfully, we had already had such a fantastic morning and previous evening, that an afternoon of rain and cold couldn't ruin our weekend. : ) When the sun finally came out around dinner time, it was just about time for it to go down. It did create a beautiful sunset and and steam over the water. We did manage a campfire in the evening and had enough time in the morning for most people who wanted to go on a canoe ride to go out for a bit. Not a great summary of the weekend, doesn't do it a bit of justice, but I'd rather post some pics vs writing at the minute.  So here they are... : )

My first view when i woke up Sat. morning. 

Love them! : )  

We had the best tarp on the block. Until it split in two! Haha! and once it was "mended" we still had the best.

Out "posts" after it split. 

Brook was catching all the leaks in cups : ) 

Trying to stay warm during the rain and cold on Sat. afternoon.
(all pics in the tent taken by Verba) : ) 







There was a pretty clear double rainbow for a bit.  


7 comments:

Minabird said...

MARIA!!!
I love your water/lake pictures! I really love all your pictures that tell a story. Thanks for sharing.
LOVE You!

Anonymous said...

:D thanks for sharing!!!! I loved your pictures, especially the first one and the first rainbow one! fantastic!!!

Teresa said...

Beautiful pictures!! Looks like you had an amazing time!!

Maria said...

Thanks guys! We did have an amazing time. I wanna go back an go canoeing! Anybody game? : ) Mina? ; )

Minabird said...

Maria!!!
How dare you mention my fear of canoe's?? But I am learning to be more confident in myself...so I might be willing if I was prepared for it and it no one(Teresa) didn't rock the boat. I'd have to make sure I was wearing clothes I was willing to get wet...an there was no snapping turtles.
TEE HEE.

Maria said...

Mina! I didn't know you were afraid of canoes. I was just thinking it would be nice to see you again and maybe a canoe trip in these beautiful waters would entice you. : ) Lol! BTW, I DON'T like rocking/tipping boats OR snapping turtles. : )

Deb said...

Thanks for sharing the great pictures from your weekend!Love it!