Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I Saw "Real" Mountains...

While I didn't get to climb the "real" mountains, I did get to see them and take a few pictures from both the plane and the ground. They are quite amazing! Love, love, loved my time in Salem! Saw some old friends, made some new ones, and got the grand tour of Macleay from Esther Martin. Thanks to all the friends who made my time super special. (super... hehe, think that is a West Coast word Here's a few pics to prove I was there. : ) Went to Silver Falls on Friday afternoon. It was FREEZING, but beautiful! There was steam coming up off the waterfall.


All the trees were covered in moss.


Some of those good friends I was talking about : ) 
We stopped at a lookout in the park just at sunset. It was amazing!
My little Buddy, Miles. (making faces with apple slices in our mouth) : D
I miss Eileen...
Mt. Hood - Quite amazing that something could be so large as to stick up into the clouds like that. 

The Rocky Mountains 

5 comments:

Deb said...

Love this!! Makes me want to travel WEST!!!

Anonymous said...

amazing!!! Thank you for sharing! I agree- makes me want to go travel west too! :)

Maria said...

I had never been out there at all. Comes highly recommended. : )

Teresa said...

Gorgeous pics!! It's been 20 years since I was out there. lol. Wow, that just dated me... :D

Maria said...

@ Teresa... Lol! hope it is not another 20 years til I make it back out there. : ) Would love if we could have a sisters conference out there!