Saturday, November 8, 2008

There's a Light In My Windows

For anybody who was unaware (sorry Teresa) that I am fixing up my parents basement... Here's a brief post of how that is going. Fixing up might not be quite the correct word but anyways. Mel and Ben used to live down here and had made a pretty cozy apartment out if it. Of course they had couches and coffee tables and all of the stuff that is on the agenda to get... Hehe, it all takes doing so first comes the cleaning and then the sparse furnishings. Ang, Julie, Abbie & Megan were helping me out with the cleaning in the kitchen while I was shampooing the carpet. That took some doing I tell you what! It takes a long time to get anything done when there is something going on pretty much every evening and weekend and you can only work for short periods of time. I took down the old blue plaid curtains and was determined not to put them back up, so I have finally put up some flags which I rather like the look of. The windows in the front were an odd size so my 3x5 flags didn't all fit so the blue thing is a piece of cloth from Thailand. They aren't that "homey" looking, but I am not "living" down here, just taking care of it and it is really nice to have your own space to have people over. For the moment I just have Camp chairs, and while it isn't the same as curling up on a couch they are not all that bad. : ) The cleaning pics are back in Sept. and the ones of my windows are just this morning. Kris came over the other night after the meeting and was helping me out putting them up. Supposedly they look pretty cool from the outside as well. : ) I am hoping to get stuff up on the now clean walls soon. Will post pics of that when I do. Here's a few for now....


It was pretty spotted up... probably hadn't been shampooed in forever


You wouldn't believe how long it takes to shampoo carpet until you do it.


Ang cleaned my fridge!



"God Bless America"

Israeli Flag


Union Jack (Great Britain - Not to be confused with England)


My Thai "curtain"

The Pool Table Area (used to be the dining room when we lived down here)

Living Room - very bare.... I know.

5 comments:

Minabird said...

Lookin Good!

Teresa said...

That's so cool! I'm looking forward to helping you with that when I come home!! Thanks for posting! Really. :)

Minabird said...

And now I am feeling deprived of Delaware posts and the going ons....Help?
-elmina

Maria said...

Sorry Mina! My hands are tied! I have either not had time or my comp has been being used for something else by someone else and that will be the status til at least after the Christmas Feast. It will being used for editing film stuff... Will try to do better once the holiday business passes... Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Maria! I love your curtains! Just what I would do! I actually keep my flags hanging from the roof in my room.. :) Hope you have an awesome Christmas, and to see you soon! Love you! Aina Merethe