Monday, July 11, 2011

How Did It Go? It Went Like This....


[symboldairyfree4.jpg]


Just an update for anyone who may be wondering how Isaac's "diet" is going. Through self diagnosis, we have determined that he has a dairy allergy, which means no dairy. PERIOD! Not just Lactose Free, but no dairy. We did try lactose free items as well as eating regular dairy and taking a Lactaid pill. We'll just say that didn't go so well... : ( Basically what that means is skimming all labels for any type of dairy, be it milk, cheese, whey, casein, etc etc etc. (King and I)

The GOOD news is though, we FINALLY have it figured out what the problem is. So far so good as far as eating a "normal" diet otherwise. Yay for only having a dairy allergy! Much better than having dairy, yeast, gluten, and the list goes on allergies. There are still plenty of good things to eat with no dairy even though I must say I really miss leaving cheese, sour cream, etc out of cooking sometimes...

I would much rather play the "Glad Game" though, and be very glad it is ONLY a dairy problem than whine about not being able to cook with dairy.

So, here's to lots of Almond Breeze Original, Earth Balance Buttery Spread, and coconut milk! :-D

5 comments:

Deb said...

So GLAD you found the problem

Teresa said...

Yay for finding the problem and yay for it being less intense than anticipated!! :D

In God We Trust! said...

Awesome!And Yay for chicken curries and naan bread!!

Maria said...

I think all the curry we have eaten since the whole "diet" thing has been the best part about it. Giving up dairy is not so bad if you get curry! :-D (<--- That smiley face looks like Archibald from Veggie Tales!)

Maria said...

Oh, I guess he only looked like him before I posted the comment. Not so much after. He had a really long nose though in the editor. : )