Yesterday, was one of those non stop days. In the morning there was a baptism, where 6 people were baptised. That was awesome to see and so good to be reminded of the covenant I personally have made with God. For lunch all the young couples went to Silver Lake Park for a picnic. Everybody brought a bit of food and what a summer feast we had. : ) Grilled chicken quarters (They were fantastic Ben!), fruit and veggie platters, doritos, chocolate cake... yum... (actually, the choc cake wasn't too bad, which Kris took as a compliment from me seeing as I don't usually like choc cake. Except for Roshini's) Was really really hot, but a very nice time. Twas mine an Isaac's first "couples" event. Pretty cool it was. : ) Still kinda funny to think about though sometimes.
Later that evening, we went to Ang's National Honor Society induction ceremony at school where we met my freshman English teacher who I had 9 yrs ago an Isaac had for drama in middle school about 17 yrs ago. Hehe, she of course remembered him as well, (much to his amazement )and we had a good laugh at how long ago it was. After that, we went to the girls house where we finished off our day with a really nice evening with waffles and strawberries and of course the company of good friends. Thanks everybody for a really great day. P.S. Since I'm at work and don't have my pics with me, I will try to stick a few to go with this post on here a bit later. Hehe, see if that happens. Oh well, at least I wrote something right? : )
P.P.S After work now. Imagine that... I really did get some pics posted. : )
5 comments:
Awww, it was awesome to hear about your day! Mel sent me a couple of pictures from the picnic and it looked so nice! So cool about the baptism too! It's so strengthening to see people clinching the deal with God - this is it, no turning back. It is starting to get warm here too (warm meaning only a hoodie outdoors, and on occasion, short sleeves)! heehee. I don't regret missing out on the sticky stuff though! Yours, eagerly awaiting pics, Teresa
Hey There!
So nice to see pics of all of the couples! I am so happy you had the chance for some time together.
The food looks great!
OOo, pictures the same day! Very nice and the chicken esp looks scrumtious! You can't beat grilled chicken!
This looks really nice Maria, I wish we could be there as well. Yesterday evening I booked our tickets. We are coming on Sept 5th and will leave Sept 19th. We want to stay down at the beach 1 week and the rest of the time in Dover. Are not sure yet where to stay, but I am sure we will find out.
Maggi
Hey Maggi! That is fantastic! I am so excited that you are coming! Hehe, you made my afternoon! Hey, how's it going with getting another baby from Thailand? Will you have another one by then? Wouldn't that be cool? : D Wish you and Kristian could have been there too. Miss you guys.
Post a Comment