Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!!!

Yesterday was Dad's birthday, and most of us kids drove up to the hospital with some edibles. : ) This post is mostly for Teresa, since she couldn't be there. (Missed you!) For anyone who didn't realise... my dad's been in the hospital since Dec. 26th for his heart condition and on Monday he was in surgery they finally think they have got it pretty much taken care of. Hurray! I won't go into all the details of it in this post as it was supposed to be a birthday post. : ) We figured if you're gonna have a birthday in the hospital, better make it a good one. As dad said, "a good ending to his 10 day hospital stay". We made date pudding, dad's favorite dessert, and the boys brought him some hot wings. Yum! : D Anything will taste good after a 10 day salt free diet. We had to be very quiet and enter and leave in small groups as we were a little over hospital visiting regulations. We had a very nice evening together and we are VERY thankful for everybody's prayers and that Dad is finally able to come back home today, and HOPEFULLY the procedure that was done will fix it and he won't need the more complicated procedure later.



Did he like the lamp that much or just trying not to fall off the table?


????

While it was a very nice and spacious hospital room, the seating was a bit limited...


Enjoying the hot wings! : D



We made dad do what we always had to do as kids. "Show me what you got." : ) He liked his small digital photo key chain.

Thanks for the flowers Teresa! : )

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Maria,
IT WAS SO GOOD TO SEE THE PICTURES. Your dad looks very happy for having been in the hospital that long. I also loved the picture of Kris pulling Jenn's Hair. And I got to see Kris's big tummy!! Thanks for the update even though it was originally for Teresa, it did my heart a great deal of good.
LOVE YOU,
Elmina

Deb said...

Maria!
Thank you so much for this post! I really enjoyed being able to "see" your Dad and Family. We are so thankful things went well and look forward to the future times together.

Joy said...

What a nice post! Thank you for taking the time. A birthday is such a good time to celebrate God's gift of life and in circumstances like these, there's extra cause for celebration!

Kris said...

Well you see Mina, I didn't have a choice BUT to pull Jenn's hair. I didn't know what to do with my hand and then this magnet sorta pulled it over there and I could not hold myself back. Lol.

Teresa said...

Thanks for this post too, Maria. I was looking at it end then saw there was ANOTHER one after it that I hadn't seen and ended up commenting on that one. It was super nice to see Dad and everyone. I'm sure he loved the flattering hospital gown exposure! :P